This is a deep acting, powerful therapy that can be augmented by the use of intravenous/injection therapies before, during or after the actual treatment. Detoxification symptoms after the first 1-2 treatments is not uncommon and can include headache, fatigue and increased pain but these will disappear shortly thereafter. If you have significant scars on your body, please tell the nurse, as they may need to be covered.
For sterility and hygienic reasons please bring the following items:
- 3 large cotton towels
- cotton or flannel pajamas, long sleeved and long pants
- cotton socks
- 1 flannel sheet
- 1 – 2 pillows, 1 for the head & one for under the knees if you want
- sip cup or water bottle for water (must be able to drink while on your back)
- CD’s (easy listening music for relaxation) or cassette player with headphones
- Try to relax, meditate, read or sleep during the treatment so as to keep yourself calm
The overall treatment will take approximately three hours. Patients should have someone to drive him or her home, as the ability to drive a vehicle may become impaired. Drink plenty of water over the next 24 hours to re-hydrate your system.