‘Tis the season for grass cutting, blooming flowers and reaching for the box of Kleenex to deal with the seasonal allergies.
The causes of these symptoms are pollens. Pollens are tiny, powdery, protein particles released by plants, into the air, to allow for the reproduction of more plants.
Each plant species have their own pollen and own season when these pollens are released. Pollens can irritate our body when they enter through nasal passages and throat, thus, triggering an allergy symptom.
The most common seasonal allergy is allergic rhinitis or hay fever.
SYMPTOMS OF ALLERGIES
- Nasal congestion
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Sneezing, coughing, and wheezing
- Runny nose or stuffy nose
- Itchy throat
REMEDIES FOR ALLERGIES
- Stay indoors when the pollen release is the worst
- Rinse your sinuses with saline or use a Neti pot
- Quercetin/ Vitamin C in large doses
- Use local honey and local bee pollen
- Desensitize with pollen serums
Call us at Kelowna Naturopathic Clinic for an appointment to have your allergies tested and treated.